2018년 11월 28일 수요일

'Yoon Hyung-keun' 2018


'Yoon Hyung-keun' 2018



 In fact, I didn't know much about the painter or his work when I first encountered the exhibit. When I first saw the artist’s work, it was like watching a 'Tetris game'. The combination of lines and sides that didn't know the meaning seemed ambiguous, and the tone of the work was also murky, making it difficult to know what the message was in it. Actually, it wasn't my favorite painting style, so I just looked around the showroom and came out early. By the way, the curator's time once a day approached and I went back to the exhibition hall when she asked me to listen. I realized that I had taken the display of his life too lightly. Yoon Hyung-keun is said to be the highest-rated korean artist in the art market these days. I remember the curator saying that maybe he is much more famous abroad than he is in our country.

 In fact, rather than seeing his first work, the painter's life story, the resulting changes in work and color, were more impressive. Work has come a long way since I heard such stories. There are many stories to tell, such as the historical background and stories about his teacher, but this report seems more appropriate to write down what I felt. One of the most impressive aspects of the writer's work was that while the author insisted on only one path or work style, there were times when he changed his work style innovatively. Of course, the background is based not only on one's will but also on historical background and flow. He had a wide deal of ups and downs in life.

 There is a saying that 'emulation is the mother of creation.' As a matter of fact, I thought, "Is this sentence correct?" as a major in art? At any rate, imitation is a copycat and there were many questions as to whether it could be the mother of creation. Copying someone else's work was basically just copying them, and I wondered how it could be considered a new creation. But that was just my little idea. His work, which learned the art of pioneering, brought in a similar color, and then worked on his new work, moved in a new art way in a different direction from his teacher. Through Yoon's exhibition, he realized the importance of teachers. Following his teacher, Kim Han-ki, he initially worked hard on colors that used a lot of 'ventilation blue.' Following his teacher, his early work style was chosen, and he later built new areas based on it and opened his own art style.



 The distinctive features of his work are color and texture. In fact, if you look at the exhibition, very dark colored paintings are the most important parts. Anyone can feel the heavy, dark emotions that the writer feels inside without hearing about his life or other details. Although there is relatively little information about art, docent asked a child who is more emotional than anyone else about his works. Then the children didn't listen to the subject, and everyone felt intuitive about how he felt and how his works were produced.

  It was not necessary to know that brush strokes represent tears or that black colors represent his dark heart, but to feel it right away. In fact, I didn't like docent asking children, "What is this picture?" I think art can be interpreted differently to someone, and there is no answer. In particular, I thought that children should develop creativity and have their own art views, but I thought it was wrong to answer them correctly and tell them whether they fit in or not. But it would be great for an artist to know exactly what he intended. It would be proof that he was a great artist that allowed viewers to feel what he wanted to express and express through his work.


 Isn't learning about lighting and photography in our photography world also a way to learn about teacher skills and work and develop him into his own? These days, I am really worried about what to do and I am going to get rid of it through this exhibition. Not only did I have to create my own new thing, but I thought learning based on the work and work of the artists I already have, and creating my new territory would also be a good way to set the subject and do my own work. Rather than agonizing over something new and innovative, I should think about ways to develop what I already have and to add my own color.

 What the exhibition also felt was the importance of 'curating'. Actually, as I said earlier, when I first saw the painter's work, I didn't find it as very interesting. There was a lot of detail in the State Department, such as the planning of the exhibition, naming, and the theme of the exhibition. The most memorable anecdote was that the exhibition's name itself was 'Yoon Hyung-keun' without subtitling, which was very unusual and great for the National Museum of Contemporary Art. It's usually an exhibition of the artist's work or ideas on a subject, but this exhibition is about artist Yoon Hyung-geun himself.
Listening to these stories was very attractive.

 Also, the display inside the exhibition hall was very good. The curator said he intentionally reduced the number of works for space design. Because it is a general exhibition of his life, he initially planned to encourage planners to hang on to a lot of work, but as his plans gradually become clearer, he wanted to give them a sense of deep insight into his life. Each part has its own display and space design. In fact, when I first saw this exhibition, I thought the space was very simple, but it was well-positioned. The size of the artwork is large, so if there wasn't enough space, the grandeur of the exhibition would have been less likely. I felt once more that layout and design of space were also very important in the exhibition. I especially felt after watching graduation exhibitions that I saw these days, but I thought that a good sense of space was an important element of a good exhibition.

 In fact, I usually went to the photo exhibition. As it was my field of art, I went to see many exhibitions by photographers. It was the first time I saw an art artist's private exhibition, especially, but it was a very helpful exhibition to me because I think that the genre mix is also an important part of art. From now on, I will not stick to exhibition of photographs but go to exhibitions in various fields such as art and music and develop my work through them.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

‘Communications Design Department Graduation exhibition’ at Konkuk University

‘Communications Design Department Graduation exhibition’ at Konkuk University  The exhibition that I will introduce today is a gradua...