2018년 11월 28일 수요일

CAU Vision 2018


'CAU VISION 2018' 





 The Chung-Ang University graduation exhibition 'Vision 2018' was held at boutique monacao in Gangnam Station. In fact, I visited a lot before my graduation, but my graduation is not far away, and it was first time graduating of my friends, so it was a very exciting and unfamiliar experience. I thought that I should prepare harder. So, unlike previous exhibitions, which have been merely a work of art, more details such as the location of the exhibition hall, display, public relations or the way in which it was conducted are likely to be observed for me. If we look at the location of the exhibition, it's a really good place for people to visit first. It was nearby Gangnam station, the main point of transportation, so many people came to celebrate the opening. I also went to the opening, but if you want to watch the exhibition and see the work in detail, I thought it would be better to visit somewhere else than the opening. In fact, it was an opening event, so many people could not see the work properly.



 The biggest thing I felt during the exhibition was that the gallery was a little small. Although there was a location advantage of Gangnam Station, there seemed to be a lack of space. They didn't even have room for statement, so I had to carry printed papers to get an explanation of the work and the author's intentions, and in fact I had a hard time even getting the paper. I thought the space given to one person was too small. If this is the case, I thought, how about a gallery of a larger school space or a place where we can conduct exhibitions without having to be the center of Seoul? Also, I felt sorry for the book design in detail. Because the aforementioned state material was not attached to the exhibition, I searched for the document, which was difficult to find because the document was not written right next to the design but was written in the back. This may have been the result of many trials and errors, but it is a bit inconvenient.

 Of course while I was forced to watch the exhibition without seeing State Materials
I was wondering what people thought of and created, but the works were so good. The exhibition was particularly good as more interactive works seemed to have increased than usual. In fact, there were few works that involved or linked visitors, but this exhibition attracted the attention of the viewer who participated in the exhibition and created new works in it.


 I remember working on the subject of 'replication'. There was a camera installed in the booth, and a large number of viewers replicated through television were filmed, and I think people were paying a lot of attention. In particular, he thought that he would be interested in the exhibition even if he saw a visionary. Also, the writer's message contained in it was relatively clear.


 I also remember a work selling stories. The work was even the work of Fine Art Part, where the viewer purchased, read, and donated numerous stories in the envelope in a relay fashion. Inside the exhibition was a photo printed with the author's writing, but participating in the relay was fun and not really a short picture but a piece that was completed in the exhibition hall. It seems that not only digital media parts, which had many relatively interactive tasks, but also fine art parts also had many communication tasks. These days, I analyzed from this point of view because I was interested in interactive, communicative, and conversational works, but there were many things that made a strong impression on images as well. In particular, many thought about how the ad part was filmed or how many lights were used. In this ad, fashion photos are the most memorable. This is also my subjective taste.



 I really liked every work, but this work above impressed me the most. In fact, I've been watching the production process for a long time, and I think the freshness of the image and the message in it are also very innovative. I liked the strong message that represented images that looked innocent and seemed sympathetic. It also has a very clear color and personality. I also saw the way I worked so hard because it was so complicated and so much laborious that I finally created the image that I wanted, and I felt proud to introduce it to many people. This is the work of Choi Jae-hak, who has served as the chairperson of the preparation committee for graduation. I would like to give endless applause to my motives for planning such a wonderful exhibition at the same time as my work. In fact, we watched how the work was going, but we did the interview because we wanted to know more about it.

Q&A with the artist 


Below is the full text of the interviews I conducted with the graduate who is the author of the most impressive work I have ever seen.

1. What is the theme of your work?

This is about how the present self-expression approach has changed. With the universalization of personal platforms such as SNS, self-expression became as diverse as the number of individuals. And digital platforms have become integral with the real world. Individuals now media themselves, and they are not afraid to show themselves what they have edited. In a word, we want to be anything, and we don't fear being misread.

2. The method of production was unique. How did you do it, such as sewing or peeling?

They printed and sewed images of themselves that individuals wanted to attach to themselves. I want to see images that make up an individual and I want to see them firmly.

3.How long did you take to make this series?

It took about 10 months. The final eight images were produced from the beginning of the second semester, but it would be about 10 months if we add the selection of subjects and trial and error period of image production.

4. How did you feel about the hardest part and the ending while preparing for the graduation exhibition?

The most difficult thing to do was to get through the screening process. Because I couldn't afford to go over the examination while working at the graduation preparation committee. It's over, but it's as uncomfortable as if there's still work left to do.

5. Who are the models?

They became models for each other among friends who were worried about their work together. Especially in my case, I thought it was better to take pictures of my friends rather than the work that required a particular model.


-Conclusion

He prepared for his work for such ten months. Watching him buy a sewing machine, practice sewing, and shoot images, I felt really passionate. I was also very excited about what the outcome would be like. In fact, the professors said that there were some students who were really shooting graduation work in just a few days, and I thought he was so cool after all this time. I will also prepare for graduation, not display for exhibitions, but I will try to convey my message and express my desired image with satisfaction. I think it was more helpful to me now than any recent exhibition.

Of course, watching the exhibition of the artists who are already famous is helpful and helps me broaden my horizons, but I find it really good to have similar thoughts and see the works that I created to celebrate my graduation. Not only photos, but also other graduation exhibitions from other majors and other schools, I decided to visit them." In fact, I wrote many exhibitions, but I really wanted to tell you a lot about this one, so I think I wrote many and easily. From now on, I will watch many exhibitions and feel and learn a lot.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

‘Communications Design Department Graduation exhibition’ at Konkuk University

‘Communications Design Department Graduation exhibition’ at Konkuk University  The exhibition that I will introduce today is a gradua...